July 15, 2009

Christmas in July For Heroes



This was a fun card to make. I just received my yummy papers that I won over at Caardvark. The base texturized cardstock is from Club Scrap. I absolutely love this double-sided specialty glitter paper from K&Company which I bought on sale last Christmas. The Sticker velvet ribbon is from Li'l Davis Designers that I've had in my stash forever. And the image is from glenda @ the wish-RAK. I added the top note so that the heroes can write a message to their loved ones. The present was added because I made a boo-boo, so I had to cover it up. And lastly I used Spellbinders Hardware for the corners.

Over at Sissy Scraps they are collecting Christmas Holiday and Winter cards, and 3D Holiday gifts for our heroes all month long. Stamping Bella has donated $20 voucher for the prize. Deadline for challenge submissions: 07/31/09. Cards being donated must be received no later than 08/03/09.

Challenges
2 Sketches 4 You – Bonus Sketch #30
Belli Challenge #69 – Any texture – I used the card base.
Card Patterns - Bonus Sketch
Christmas All Year Long #25 - Debbie's challenge for this week is to decorate both the outside and the inside of your card.
Papertake Weekly - Sketch
Sissy Scrap Challenge – Christmas in July for Heroes
Unscripted - Sketch #14
Use It! challenge no.18 •texture(cardbase0•2 punches(corners)•favorite paper(K&Company)
Winter Wonderland – Week 7 - Christmas Present
Wish-RAK July Challenge - Christmas card must have some kind of texture

19 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a beautiful card!
I especially love the buckle you added to the ribbon and the charm... beautiful!
Thank you so much for joining us at Sissy's Scraps :*)
~ margie (big sissy)

anja curvers said...

Beautiful card thank's for playing at 2S4Y.

Little C's Creations said...

Awesome Card! Thanks for joining up on CSAYL!!

Teri said...

This is a great card Denise! I love the colours and the image you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland!

Teri xx

~Lori Roop said...

What lovely rich colors! TFP!

Anonymous said...

Great card! xx jo xx

Laura Davis said...

What a great card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

whoistracy said...

This is beautiful! I love how these colors pop on the black cardstock. Thanks for playing along with us on CP.

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Denise fabulous idea to make cards for the heroes. I love the image you have used and the lovely rich colours. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week hugs Pascale

Lesley said...

Hi Denise...gorgeous card...the colours are stunning...thanx for playing with us at Winter Wonderland this week...Hugs Lesley xxx

Deanna said...

Totally cute... you should check out Pile It On... it a blog about combining challenges!

www.pileitonchallenges.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

congrats denise!!!
you are the winner of this week's Use It! challenge!!!
please contact me at raescards [at] comcast.net to set up the next challenge!!
yay you!!
♥rae

Dawn♥ said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the charm brad present. Have a wonderful weekend! :)
♥Dawn♥

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! Thank you so much for playing with Sissy's Scraps CFH Challenge- it's beautiful!

xoxo
Sara

Ceal said...

beautiful card! thanks for playing in the belli challenge

Kim Sonksen said...

Wonderful! I love how you combined those challenges and made this fab card


Thanks for playing

Dawny P said...

This is gorgeous :) I love the image and papers you used and it's a fabulous take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

Maria said...

Wow, very pretty Christmas card, Denise. I love the traditional colors and that awesome ribbon buckle! Awesome job working on the inside of your card. Thank you for playing along in our challenge. I hope to see you playing along again this week! We'd love to see your pretty Christms cards!!

Maria

Sandra said...

Beautiful card, love the buckle!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Link Code

Here's My Card href="http://letsstampnscrap.blogspot.com/2009/08/house-mouse-lights.html">My Blog