July 24, 2009

100% Sweet










As the winner of theFree Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net Use It Challenge, I had the opportunity to challenge my fellow crafters in these three catagories. Use...
  1. An unusual item. Wall paper, gift wrap, an old card front/image made new, mesh bag from kitchen. Bubble wrap used as a stamp, magazine etc...
  2. One Stamp
  3. One Die Cut or embellishment
For me, I used wallpaper from sample books that I got from Lowe's. I was able to pick up about a dozen books that were expired and have found some very nice patterns. The entire card is wallpaper except the round circle and card base, however I backed the wallpaper pieces with cardstock.
Challenges:
365 Cards - Day 144 You Raise Me Up - It's all about adding dimension to your card.
BBTB - use the Ice Cream Cone in the Indie Cartridge
CPS #125- Card sketch
Dutch Dare Card #56 - Use Die Cuts or Punches
Paper Take Weekly - Pick your color combination.
C.R.A.F.T. - Colors Pink and green
CCEE Stampers - Summer Fun
2 Red Bananas - recycle, reuse and repurpose
Cuttlebug Be Inspired # 41: using recycled and repurpose items

As always, I appreciate you stopping by DT's and leaving encouraging comments. Thank You!

16 comments:

Julie said...

A lovely bright card, love the ice cream cone. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

Trimgym said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck.

Jo.

Regina Easter said...

oh my this is delicious....i love it...hugs

Beth said...

Denise just adorable would have never guessed you used so many recyclables beautiful card and thanks for playing along with us at
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
Hugs
Beth

muriel said...

What a beautiful card ! very sweet indeed...

Michelle said...

this is a wonderfuly sweet card...
(love that you use wallpaper on your cards!)
TFS! and thanks for playing along this week with the cuttlebug challenge

michelle
www.cuttlbugchallenge.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

wow - absolutely amazing!! and so many challenges in one!

thanks for playing along at 2RB and CBC!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So yummy, awesome job.

Dawny P said...

Well this is gorgeous chick. I love it and I love your choice of colours. Thank you for joining us at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxxxx

Hope Jacare said...

Great card - good use of wallpaper - thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Angie Tieman said...

How cute!! I love the light pink with that folder! The colors are so soft and sweet!! Way to go with the wallpaper books, I would love to get some of those!

Thanks for playing along!
Angie Tieman
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Terrie B x said...

`Yummie` `Yummie` so `delicious`
Thanks for joining in with the CB Challenges;)
terrie
http://cuttlebug.blogspot.com/

KimmyS said...

I love the idea of using wallpaper samples!
Fantastic card

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...this is delish!

Heather Bares said...

great card!!!

me-bear said...

100% Sweet indeed :D I love your card and looks so tasty...hmmmm...I would love to have an icecream right now! :D
Thanks for joining DDCC this week.
xx Monica

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Link Code

Here's My Card href="http://letsstampnscrap.blogspot.com/2009/08/house-mouse-lights.html">My Blog